Saturday, June 11, 2011

Final Thoughts on the Final Four, Part 4

If a picture's worth a thousand words, here's a couple hundred thousand...
Our tickets.  I was really nervous before we got scanned in they might be fakes, but they were real. 

Even the Galleria was decked out for UK!

Standing in front of the best candy store EVER.  In fact, one member of our party even did a victory dance upon realizing DCB was at the Galleria.  I'm talking 'bout you, LF!

Off to the game!


Enough said.


I got chills every time I saw that!


The photoshopped picture I mentioned in Part 3.  It's the desktop image on my computer at work.  All the third graders believe I had my picture taken with the team in Houston.  Priceless!


I saved this one for last because it's my favorite.  If you look at this pic, you can see how happy we are, and not the trials of the past year-which is why I love it.  You can see the friendship that encompasses 10 years, three states, and countless basketball games.  Back when Melissa's dad passed away, she mentioned she wanted us three to try and go to a basketball game together sometime.  Her daddy loved UK ball.  And of course, I said yes, not knowing when or how we could finagle a ball game with her in Texas and us in Kentucky.  If you had told me back in December the game we would attend would have been the Final Four, I would have called you crazy. 
But sometimes, crazy is just plain wonderful.

No comments: