Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Reading List

Here are the books on my nightstand.  The Summer 2010 Rundown:

  • King Lear by William Shakespeare.  Atleast I can now say I've read this classic.
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream  by William Shakespeare.  LOVED IT!
  • You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start in the Morning by Celia Rivenbark.  Though I am a non-drinker, I love good southern humor.  This fits the bill. 
  • Somebody Is Going to Die if Lilly Beth Doesn't Catch That Bouquet by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays.  Again, another southern humor book that is just too good to be true. 
  • 64 Great Games to Make The school teacher in me is getting her fix by reading what games I can prepare for the upcoming year.  Now if I can just get my hands on enough tagboard....
  • Tools for Promoting Active, In-depth Learning by Silver and Strong.  Always on the look out for how to enrich my classroom.  This book as lots of great tools.  And I bought it (and the games book) at a consignment sale.  I love a good bargain!
  • The Me I Want To Be by John Ortberg.  I have really enjoyed Mr. Ortberg's books ever since I went to a retreat in college at Lake Cumberland and the speaker used his book If You Want To Walk On Water, You've Got To Get Out Of the Boat as the topic that weekend.  Water will always be one of my favorites (I also really adore When The Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box), but this one is nice as well. 
  • The Message version of the Bible is offering a new perspective on things.  I really love the NIV version, but this isn't bad. 
And there are more books I haven't gotten to yet, but they will be plowed through.  All in good time. :)

No comments: