Friday, December 31, 2010

Dear 2010

Dear 2010,

I mean this is the kindest way:

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

There, I've said it.  'Cause you know, I've dealt with:
  • Daddy having a mini-stroke at 4 a.m.
  • 3 snow days (aka not leaving the house for 3 days)
  • One close friend losing her grandfather to Alzheimer's
  • The same friend losing her father to cancer two weeks later
  • One friend's father lost a toe
  • A friend losing their home
  • The possibility of losing my job
  • An ice storm
  • Stomach virus
  • The flu
  • Bronchitis
And that's just December.  I'm not going to recount what happened the other 11 months.  December alone has been brutal.

And as I type this, there are still nine days left in the year.  I honestly can't remember when I've seen a year that was filled with so many trials.  And it wasn't just for me, it was for everyone.  I can honestly think of two people who would classify 2010 as a "good" year.

So I will not be sad to see you go.  In fact, ushering you out may be the best part of the entire year.  And because I feel a song comin' on, here are my final words to you, 2010.  Take heed.  Pay close, attention.

Sincerely,
Robin

     

No comments: