Friday, December 17, 2010

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,
I would like to point out that I always thought we were friends.  I always spoke well of you.  Never bad mouthed you.  And always celebrated those snow days you sent us. 

But now you've made me wonder what is going on.

I will admit, I LOVED the snow day Monday.  I mean, who doesn't love a three day weekend?  The two hour delay Tuesday was so considerate as well.  You were a little bit (read: month) ahead of schedule, but with the holidays and all, I understand a girl gets confused.

Then Wednesday came.  And we heard about your impending wrath on Thursday.  Do you know what it's like to have over 20 kids who firmly believe they will not be going to school the next day?  All day long, I heard, "We don't need to study for our spelling test-there's going to be no school.  What are we going to do about our party tomorrow? There's going to be no school!"

And then they were right.  No school, for two days.  Which means I have not been anywhere for two days.  And I am going a little stir crazy.

Girl, what is up with you?  Just let me know and we can work something out.  I'm getting desperate.

Sincerely,
Robin

No comments: