Monday, December 6, 2010

Why Winter is Good?

So it's been unseasonably cold here the last couple of days.  It snowed (not even for the first time) on Friday, and the predicted high today was 22 degrees.

You read that right.  The high temp was 22 degrees.  In Kentucky.  In early December.

Which brings me to this post. 

In the midst of turning into a popsicle, I am trying to remind myself why winter is good.  So here goes:

  1. Christmas:  How can one hate the decorations, the hustle and bustle, the smells, the exchanging of cards, the parties and the fellowship? Not to mention the music and special episodes of your favorite television shows with Christmas themes. 
  2. Hot Chocolate.  The best recipe is on the side of the Hershey's box.  That, with whipped cream, makes me stomach winter better.
  3. Snow Days: Now that I work for the public school system, I can appreciate snow again.  (At UK, we never got out for snow.)
  4. Basketball Season: we know when there is a nip in the air, the Cats will be running.  And we can't wait. 
What do you like about winter?

No comments: