I mean this is the kindest way:
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
There, I've said it. 'Cause you know, I've dealt with:
- Daddy having a mini-stroke at 4 a.m.
- 3 snow days (aka not leaving the house for 3 days)
- One close friend losing her grandfather to Alzheimer's
- The same friend losing her father to cancer two weeks later
- One friend's father lost a toe
- A friend losing their home
- The possibility of losing my job
- An ice storm
- Stomach virus
- The flu
And as I type this, there are still nine days left in the year. I honestly can't remember when I've seen a year that was filled with so many trials. And it wasn't just for me, it was for everyone. I can honestly think of two people who would classify 2010 as a "good" year.
So I will not be sad to see you go. In fact, ushering you out may be the best part of the entire year. And because I feel a song comin' on, here are my final words to you, 2010. Take heed. Pay close, attention.