Sunday, August 1, 2010

1000 Gifts

I don't keep up with a lot of things.

To be truthful, the news often saddens me.  I can't tell you what the stock market has done on any given day, or the rankings of any team (unless it involves the Cats-did you see where UK is picked to finish ahead of UT for the first time in 15 years?  Go Cats!)

But back on track. 

There is one blog I try to keep up with (Ann Voskamp's blog http://www.aholyexperience.com/ ).  She and her family live on a working farm in Canada.  Her writing is always poignant and convicting.  She is wonderful.  One of the things she does on her blog is she keeps a running list of gifts she's grateful for.  Some are very, very profound.  Others are very free spirited.  But she writes about how this sense of gratitude has impacted her and changed her and challenges others to try and list 1,000 things they are grateful for.

So that's my challenge to myself.

It's the first day of August.  I'd like to start my list today.  There's no telling when it will be complete.  Some of the items you may not find all that inspiring.  That's okay-you can make your own list.  I'd love to know what's on yours.

So here goes.  I'm thankful for:
  1. Salvation
  2. Family
  3. Friends
  4. Naps
  5. Chocolate
  6. Laughter
  7. Singing songs with my best friend on the ride back home
  8. Sweet smiles from the kids at Sunday School
  9. Hugs
  10. Quiet

No comments: